In our Rabbitry, we are always striving to breed quality Rex rabbits. The main focus is for them to be a clean meat source, but we want them to have great quality in every aspect so that you can use them as a meat source, 4-H project, for pelts, or to take them to some shows! Rex rabbits are a great option for families living in small (or big) spaces. Especially for those who have kids that want to start a bit smaller scale in the world of animal stewardship.
Below is our pricing, policies, and some info about how we do things here! I hope this makes it easier when your family is thinking of taking one of our rabbits home! This will always be up to date with current information.
Pricing: Updated April 2023
- Pedigreed, not proven: $100
- Pedigreed Proven: Prices may vary
Deposits, Returns, and Pick Up Day:
If you have chosen a rabbit that isn’t ready to go yet, a hold deposit will be necessary. We ask a deposit be placed of 50%— half the total purchase price— to hold the Rabbit and secure its placement.
- *Deposits are NON-Refundable* We understand that buying an animal can be a big commitment, and sometimes things come up that prevent us from completing purchases, but we also put a lot of time and care into our Rabbits. Please be sure you are fully committed before purchasing, and before placing the hold deposit down.
- Online Deposit Transfer Options:
Venmo, and PayPal
Fail to Pick Up Rabbit and Cancellations:
If you fail to pick up your rabbit, that rabbit will be re-listed. Once again, no refunds on any deposits.
Please allow for a 24hr window of time before rescheduling the pick up.
Please be cooperative to reschedule a new date/time for pick up.
We Can Refuse Any Sales:
We do obtain the right to refuse any sale before or during the sale process; before the full payment has been completed. We are responsible for where we send our rabbits and we try hard to find them good, responsible owners that will steward them well! This is why we may sometimes have to say no to certain potential buyers.
Rabbit Pick Up Day:
- Pick ups will be done at a local, public location only for the safety of our home, family, and animals.
- Location and scheduling can be discussed with me via private messages through our Facebook Rabbitry page, email, blog contact page, etc!
- What you will need: please bring a suitable carrier for each rabbit that will hold them securely.
- What the rabbit comes with: Each rabbit always comes with a small bag of transition feed (pellets), a physical copy of their pedigree, and an informational sheet.
We do not accept returns. We make sure that we are selling the healthiest, best looking Rabbits from our litters. Once a rabbit is out of our care, it is your families responsibility.
This is why we encourage you to research before you buy! If you don’t think it will be a good fit, please don’t hesitate to say so before we complete the purchase! Rabbits can take time to get settled in; new place, new food, new friends maybe, new water even! Rabbits can be sensitive to environment changes, so we encourage you to give them time and make it as less stressful as possible. If you have any questions after bringing your Rabbit home, we are always here to offer our help and any informative resources we know of!
- Rabbits come tattooed with their pedigree ear number (on left ear) that is listed on the pedigree paper. Please note* they come with a paper copy, but I can also email a copy of their pedigree as well.
- If the pedigree is ever lost, contact me with your name, and the rabbit’s ear number and I should be able to get you a copy no problem.
- We will not be selling any without pedigrees.
A Rabbit’s pedigree paperwork information and their physical tattoo, cannot be changed or altered after leaving our care.
How We Do Things:
We try really hard to make our rabbits affordable for families, while also trying to not lose money from it! Any money made from our rabbits, goes straight back to the Rabbitry for their feed, and care items. Because of this, we want you to feel comfortable knowing how we do things, and what you’re buying.
When it comes to the care of our rabbits, we only (to the best of our knowledge) provide healthy, well taken care of rabbits, as this is how we treat all of our animals. It’s important to us to be intentional with removing harmful ingredients from their diet as best we can so since the beginning of 2023, they are all on organic pellets! They get orchard grass hay daily, but once we move we hope to put them back on pasture through the summer/fall time. ACV is added frequently to their water, and they get evaluated weekly. We try to do things holistically, and as needed for any kind of health issues that may arise. Please know, we won’t be selling many at a time, as we work to better our quality here. This means we will be picking out the best and culling any that are not up to standard. For more on this side of our Rabbitry, head over to our Instagram page, linked here
It’s important to us to keep our communication clear, honest, and straightforward- especially when it comes to getting one of our animals a new home. We keep all our animals as healthy, and safe as much as we can so they can live a great life. However, we’re always learning when it comes to how we steward our animals!
We are always trying our best to tend to the land, and the creatures on it, in a way that gives God all the glory! We appreciate anyone who would like to follow along in the process.
Updates on litters and available rabbits, will be posted to our Facebook Rabbitry page: Linked here!
Any further questions on buying a Rabbit from us, please feel free to contact me!
Thank you for reading!