Since becoming a Christian for myself, and realizing that I didn’t have this faith solely because my parents did, I have had a desire to learn more about Christ, to ask more questions, to seek the truth and the evidence for it. Now that I am also a parent, I find that desire to be amplified, greatly. Since I started my search I have found resources (and have been given recommendations) that turned out to be a lot of help.
I thought it would also be of help to you and your family, to list some of my most helpful resources! Especially to help equip us for when our kids start asking us very hard questions! So, before I get the list started, I just want to encourage you to read everything, but most importantly test everything. I will divide everything into different categories, to help make it easier.
A lot of these resources, are things that sparked many questions and much curiosity, and if it’s not something you’ve watched or heard before, I’m sure it will for your family too! Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself to think more critically, to gain better answers for those hard questions, even if it takes effort and time. These different resources, took me down so many bunny trails of thoughts! Although a lot of them were strengthening for me, some I wrestled with.
As I find more resources, I will update this post with them!
Debates on Christianity:
- John Ferrer vs Matt Dillahunty Debate: Do We need God For Morality?
- Allen Hainline vs Lydia Allan Debate: Science and God
- The Bible and Beer Consortium Youtube Channel
Informational Videos: Help For Guiding Kids
- Mike Winger w/ Elizabeth Urbanowicz “7 Lies Your Kids Will Believe Unless You Do Something”
- Mike Winger “Teen Atheist Becomes Christian Because of This Evidence”
- Mike Winger “When Your “Progressive Christian” Heresy is Really, Really Clever”
- Capturing Christianity W/ Dr. Ben Arbour on: The Ontological argument
Informational Documentaries, and Articles/Blogs:
- The Star of Bethlehem Documentary 2007
- Mama Bear Apologetics Blog and Podcast
- Natasha Crain Blog: The Number One Sign Your Kids Are Just borrowing Your Faith (and not Developing Their Own).
- Natasha Crain Blog and Podcast
- Alyssa Childers Blog and Podcast
- Article version of William Lane Craig’s Lecture: The Kalam Cosmological Argument
- More information on the: Ontological Argument
- More information on the: Teleological Argument
More research on your end, is greatly encouraged. I did not put these here as answers to everything, but they are here more so, to get you to think deeper! I found my faith being strengthened, when I went to seek the truth; I encourage you to do the same.
John 8:31-32 ESV “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
John 14:6 ESV “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”